Our last meal from Family Feasts! Thank you so much Dani for taking over this week! I’ll announce next week’s takeover on IG soon!
Chorizo, Prawn & Butterbean StewPrint Recipe
- 300g (2 cups) chorizo, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tins plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tin butterbeans, rinsed & drained
- 300g (2 cups) large raw prawns (shrimp)
- 1 lemon
- 1 small bunch of parsley, leaves picked & finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 red chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (optional)
- buttered sourdough toast to serve
put the chorizo in a large heavy bottomed pan (there is no need to add oil as the chorizo will release its own).
cook on a gentle heat for about 5 minutes and then add the onion, a pinch of salt and the chilli, if you are using it.
cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
now add the tomatoes, press them gently against the side of the dish to break them up. Stir through the paprika and add the butterbeans. Simmer gently for 25-30 minutes.
now add the prawns, stir through and put the lid on. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes or until the prawns have just turned pink.
stir through the chopped parley and the juice from the lemon. Season to your liking. Serve with plenty of buttered sourdough toast or crusty fresh bread.