Greetings from Seattle! I am so excited to have Dani Mosley (of the beautiful @family_feasts IG account) taking over the blog for me this week (check out her meal plan here). Dani posts such gorgeous looking recipes and I can’t wait to share a few of them with you! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Chicken Puttanesca Tray-BakePrint Recipe
- 2 tbsp of small capers, rinsed & drained
- 150g [1 cup] olives
- 8 anchovies (the hairy ones from a tin)
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, skin on, slightly crushed, to release the flavour.
- 200g [1 cup]cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 heaped tsp of dried oregano or a small bunch of fresh oregano, leaves picked & chopped
- 1 red onion, cut peeled & cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 4 large boned chicken thighs, skin on rubbed in a little olive oil and lightly seasoned
- 500g [1 lb] of new potatoes
- olive oil
- black pepper
- broccoli to serve
bring a large pan of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and the new potatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes, drain and then steam dry in the colander with a tea towel over the top for at least 10 minutes.
in a large baking tray, place the capers, olives, garlic, onion, tomatoes, peppers, oregano & new potatoes. Pour 2-3 tbsp of olive oil over and a generous grind of black pepper. No need for salt as the caper and anchovies will do this for you. Using your hands, mix everything together to evenly coat. Put the anchovies on top and then nestle the chicken thighs in too.
roast this at 190c for 25-35 minutes or until the juices run clear in the chicken. You can use thighs with bones still in but may need to alter your cooking time. Serve with some steamed broccoli.