Okay. I know quesadillas aren’t news and aren’t particularly difficult to make. In fact, they don’t really qualify for an entire post on a food blog. But here’s the thing: they are delicious, and easy to make, and if you don’t already know how to make one, I’m about to totally rock your world. 😀
-flour tortillas (2 per quesadilla)
-a ton of shredded cheese (I like at least 125g (1 cup) of grated cheese on mine)
-optional: black beans, refried beans, taco seasoning, meat (shredded chicken, ground beef, etc.)
-garnish: avocado, tomato, salad, jalapeño peppers, hot sauce, sour cream, etc.
1. place the tortilla directly in a pan (no oil) over medium heat and cover with cheese
2. If you are adding beans or meat, now is the time to add this as well (refried beans can be spread on the second tortilla before placing on top). You can also sprinkle in some taco seasoning if you have it handy, but this isn’t necessary.
3. place the second tortilla over the top of your filling
4. After a few minutes, pull up the tortilla to check how toasty it has gotten on the underside. Once it looks similar to the image below, it is time to flip it. You can either do this with your hands or spatula. This can be a bit fussy, so don’t be ashamed to use a plate to aid your flipping.
5. That’s it, folks! Cut this bad boy into halves or triangles and cover with your salad and garnish.