This is exactly the type of meal I would love to tuck into at the end of the day. Not only is it hearty and delicious, it is also easy! I also love the fun, bright colours. A big thank you to Rachel for sharing it with us this week! She’ll be back with more awesome recipes for us very soon!
Vegetable Thai Yellow CurryPrint Recipe
- 1 tbsp thai yellow curry paste (my favourite brand is Mae Ploy which is available from most asian supermarkets)
- 1 butternut squash chopped into bite sized cubes
- about half a bag of new potatoes
- 2 tins of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 2 tsp palm sugar or caster sugar
- a generous handful of spinach
- fresh coriander to garnish
spoon a large dollop of the thick coconut milk into a large saucepan or heavy bottomed pan and cook over a medium heat.
add a little of the curry paste, stir and fry for a minute before adding the butternut squash and new potatoes.
once you have coated them in the sauce add the rest of the coconut milk, fish sauce and soya sauce. You will probably need to add more curry paste but add it bit by bit carefully tasting as you go to avoid over spicing. (We have had many tea times when the children have ended up eating beans on toast because i've made our food too hot).
simmer the curry until the potatoes are cooked and the butternut squash has soft edges.
stir in the spinach til wilted and then serve with rice. It tastes even better the next day!