Hungerpots are my new favourite way to cook: just throw everything in at the same time, give it a stir, and you’re done! It could hardly be easier! This one would be yummy with some added chicken pieces or prawns (shrimp), but we loved it as-is.
This recipe is particularly awesome, as once the broccoli is grated, it blends into the green of the pesto so any vegaphobes should be happy!
Pesto Pasta HungerpotPrint Recipe
- 500g (4-5 cups) pasta (I used casarecce)
- 500ml (2 and 1/4 cups) water
- 500ml (2 and 1/4 cups) whole milk
- head of broccoli, grated (just the florets)
- halved cherry tomatoes (about 25)
- 1 bullion cube
- 3-6 spoonfuls of pesto
- garnish: parmesan cheese and basil leaves
place all ingredients minus the pesto in the pot
place over medium heat and stir regularly
once the pasta is cooked through, stir in 3-6 spoonfuls of pesto (to taste)